Olive Oil Crackers
Freshly baked whole wheat olive oil crackers is a great way to enjoy the Tree Foods Company Organic Cuisine Extra Virgin Olive Oil!
Here is a super easy and quick olive oil cracker recipe made with just 5 ingredients! To make olive oil crackers, all you'll need is 1 cup whole wheat flour, 1/4th teaspoon salt, 3 tablespoon Tree Foods Company Organic extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), 4 tablespoon water, plus optional toppings (sesame seeds, rosemary, thyme, salt, chili flakes).
(Makes about 15 crackers)
(1) Place a baking tray in the oven and pre-heat the oven to 200 degree Celsius.
(2) Mix together the flour and salt in a medium sized bowl. Add the LA Organic EVOO and water to make a smooth dough. In case loose flour remains in the bottom of the bowl, add some more water and knead the dough gently until fully combined.
(3) Roll the dough using hand and cut the dough into thick triangular pieces with a knife. Then roll these triangles into thin pieces using a rolling pin.
(4) To begin baking, place a baking sheet on the tray. Transfer crackers to the tray and lightly brush the dough with LA Organic EVOO. Sprinkle some sesame seeds or any other topping of your choice.
(5) Bake in the oven for about 6-7 min until the crackers begin to puff up and turn lightly golden in colour!
Enjoy these delicious crackers with a warm cup of green tea, as we are doing this afternoon!